Sunday, January 2, 2011

For Your Eyes Only




For Christmas, I decided to make something for my mom and sister.


Since my sister is a new member of the "I-Can't-See" Club,

I decided to make something fashionable for her new fashion statement.







My sis has an OBSESSION with Russian nesting dolls.

(she even bought ones with yellow labs on them for her boyfriend,
he was......thrilled. haha..)








(back)




I have an obsession a love for trees.

I wanted to make something for my mom that she would love,
and at the same time, share a little of me with her.

She has a story about willow trees and her emotions that is personal for her.







The bluebirds were a last minute idea that I LOVE.




and the back


(this one is a little blurry, sorry)



I lined the inside of both with coordinating colors,
which also provides a soft lining for their glasses.






(orange is my sister's favorite color)


I am actually surprised with how well they turned out and how much I love them.
p.s. I also made my Grandmother one - gray case with cherry blossom branch. I didn't get a pic of it before she flew back to Utah.











19 comments:

  1. Oh MY goodness!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! My favorite is the tree. I think you should do that one! I will most definitely be entering for this little beauty!
    Cami @ youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tree too! The little birdies are cute! I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award! To accept, just visit my blog and pass along the award. daperfectmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute Stephanie! Both designs are adorable. You're one talented Mama! I just bought the fabric for my swing coat. Wish me luck! Was it hard to sew with fleece? Its so thick I'm a bit worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is my favorite color, too! ;-)
    Found you through DePerfectMix. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the nesting doll! Would love for you to visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday. The party will be open until Friday if you have anything you else you want to link up! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I love the button birds. :)

    I'd love it if you linked this up to my linky party! :)
    littleeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adprable!

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you post a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's pretty simple and turns out great. I could make some templates for the shape of the case and the doll and tree if you'd like! Email me at s84whtiley@hotmail.com with any specific questions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling case. I love those button birds. I'd love to have you submit this to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Stephannie- these are too die for!
    Thank you so much for linking up to my Pity Party.
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love these! I featured you today on my favorite things :) Now I'm off to enter that giveaway!

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-favorite-things_4006.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh I love that little bird you made out of buttons! So so adorable! Thanks for linkingup and please stop by Wednesday I have an amazing give away coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from Tatertots and Jello! Those are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both designs!! Your project has been featured today at Craftastic Monday. Stop by & grab a Featured On button - thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year!! We would like to be friends with you! Follow us on http://travelwithmichael.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These really are so cute! Thank you so much for linking up last week! I hope you'll stop by again today. I'll be doing a featured post very soon...

    LittleEme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's lovely! And I like the felt! I just started using felt as a medium this year, it's so much fun! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete